Saturday 6 March 2010

"Injustice is it"... "I will tell you this boy"


Just before Christmas I was in Farmfoods in Govan. A small Salvation Army band were playing outside and collecting money. They kept repeating "Jingle Bells" like it was the only song they knew, the girl at the checkout said "If they play Jingle bells once more I'm going to tear my hair out." It wasn't the only song they knew but it gave me the impression that they thought it was the only song we knew.
I stood beside them but those not playing made no attempt to talk to me or to share anything of the Gospel with me or anyone else.
In the bakers in Govan there was three S A officers, they looked like they were really out of their comfort zone.
In my twenty odd year association with Govan the "Salvationists" from the Citadel in Govan have not troubled me with the Gospel even once.
I know that many Christians campaign against the injustices that are inflicted upon people in every society. And it is right that they do so.
An injustice could be described as being denied an inalienable right.
What about this human right - The human right to hear the Gospel.
Does Christ consider it to be an inalienable human right for people to hear the Gospel.?
Does the church consider people being denied the hearing of the Gospel to be an injustice.?
To be entrusted with the Gospel and to deny people the hearing of it could be the greatest injustice in the World.
Mark 16:15.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Matthew 28.
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

No comments:

Post a Comment