Saturday 13 March 2010

Cash n' Scarey


This world is not my home
I'm just a passin' through
my treasures are laid up
somewhere beyond the blue

The angels beckon me
from heaven's open door
and I don't feel at home
in this world anymore.

But while I'm waiting...

I'll give my support to a political party
that in domestic policy
is vocal in it's support
of family values and sexual morality.

Even though it's foreign policy
leads to people being abused,tortured and killed
I'm sure it's for the greater good
of preserving our way of life
and protecting us from a real and imminent danger.

I believe the purpose of Christ's life and teaching
was to make a new moral order in this world.
And that it is pleasing to God
for Christians to support laws
that would cause people with no Christian faith
to live more moral and upright lives.

Right wing Neoconservatives
understand that "The Family" and "Morality"
are much more important to God
than social justice.
And I'm certain they would never cynically manipulate
the cosseted middle class Christian vote.

I wrote this comment after watching American Pastors on the tv
organizing buses to take their congregations to vote for George Bush,
because of his rhetoric on family values and morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment