Friday 26 February 2010

Thanks for the memories



When I was 22 I felt that God was calling me to the Faith Mission Bible college in Edinburgh.
I asked a Baptist minister whom I had known for a few years to refer me. At the time I was a member of the Vale of Leven Baptist church. The minister I asked was in Oban.
He said he didn't think he could refer me and he would explain why the next time he saw me.
So the next time I was in Oban I went to see him.
What he told me was this - He wanted me to take a job for a year first instead of being self employed, when I asked him why he said - "Well when you are with the Faith Mission and someone asks you what you did before, you will be able to tell them about your job and you won't have to tell them you're a Traveller."

No comments:

Post a Comment